Friday, December 19, 2008

I've Sold My Soul to Twitter

So, in a moment of narcissistic boredom, I decided to jump on the Twitter bandwagon; yesterday, I decided to set up an account for the family, as a way to post to this blog more often.

If you're not familiar with it, Twitter is a micro-blogging utility - posts have a 140 character limit. It occupies a space somewhere between text messaging all your friends at once and writing an actual blog. It's actually pretty cool, and has the potential to be really useful. Or at least sort of useful.

For Lorna and I, it will be a way to keep those of you who read this blog to keep up with us (and by "us" I mean Elanor and Jack) more apprised of what's going on with the kids - to inform you of small incidents that might not get relayed otherwise.

So, over in the left column, you'll see a new widget, titled "Tweets" (which is the stupid Twitter-speak for posts). Most of it won't really be exciting, but let's face it - most of what gets posted on this blog isn't exactly exciting anyway.

No comments: